And The Winner Is ...

There have been several seasons in the Interscholastic Hockey League where naming a champion was not without controversy.  Early on all games were played outdoors and sometimes the weather did not cooperate.  In 1906 and 1909 the Interscholastic League did not award a pennant due to the lack of games and ice (warm weather).  Hope High played (3) games in 1906 (the most of all the teams in the league).  
Likewise in 1915, Technical High was leading the league by one point but the Interscholastic League ended the season due to the closing of York Pond by the Park Commissioner due to warm weather.  In 1920 the first round of the schedule was completed before the warm weather came and the second round could not be completed.  The League Board of Directors were faced with naming a champion.  At the first meeting English High was awarded the championship on its showing of games completed.  Classical immediately protested on the grounds that the pennant should be given to the team that was leading at the end of the first round.  After a second meeting English's award was reaffirmed by the League.
In 1925 Hope and Classical were tied for the pennant at season's end.  A cold spell came at the beginning of March and a game was scheduled to decide the championship.  The game lasted 10 minutes before the ice broke through.  Efforts in procuring the Boston Arena were successful but Classical would not go to Boston to play the game off.  The Interscholastic League decided to award two pennants that season. 
In the 1927-28 season the Interscholastic League was split into two divisions (Interscholastic League and Interscholastic Conference).  Cranston beat Hope 2-0 in a controversial replayed game (opposed by Classical) that ended in a tie earlier in the season (with no overtime period) to break even with Classical for the Interscholastic League lead.  Had Hope won Classical would have been league champion without any dispute.  Cranston now faced Classical for the league championship.  
Technical High downed Central Falls High 4-0 to tie Warwick for the Interscholastic Conference lead setting the stage for another one game playoff.  Warwick held off Technical High 1-0 for the Conference championship and Cranston beat Classical 1-0 for the Interscholastic League championship.  Cranston went on to best Warwick on All-Stater Fred Cuddy's goal 1-0 for the state championship.  
Mount St Charles tipped La Salle for the 1932 Interscholastic Conference title or so they thought.  It was found that the school used an ineligible player throughout the season costing them to forfeit all Conference games.  La Salle would now represent the Conference taking on Cranston for the state championship.  Cranston came from behind to beat La Salle 2-1 for the 1932 title.  
In 1969-70 Mount St. Charles once again had issues with eligible players.  They won the Metropolitan Division, state championship and New England championship.  However the Rhode Island Principals Committee on Athletics decided to deprive Mount St. Charles of the 1970 Metropolitan Division and State Championship because they used a player allegedly ineligible because the school failed to report to the league that he had been receiving financial aid.  Several coaches in the league threatened to form their own league if the Principals didn't stop their recruiting practices.  At the time Mount had some players from outside the state enrolled at the school.  Mount was put on probation for one year and prohibited from the 1970-71 state playoffs.